* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Season

Season 2

* Activity

Re: [Harvest Feast] Off-duty. by Gunther Schultz
[Today at 01:23:51 AM]

Re: The lost child [Serenity] by Tyler Morgan
[March 17, 2019, 04:12:52 PM]

Re: wild flowers. [Tyler] by Tyler Morgan
[March 17, 2019, 03:50:02 PM]

Re: With Frosty Fingers by Nack Tierce
[March 16, 2019, 09:35:10 PM]

Re: The Final Furlong [Survival Hike] by Nack Tierce
[March 16, 2019, 09:28:25 PM]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 14
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Quiet: Is...is...is Gunther attempting to flirt lol?  XP XP
    Today at 02:54:05 AM
  • Puffin: I've been enjoying all your Ian posts on Tumblr today! <3
    March 10, 2019, 10:11:33 PM
  • Quiet: Happy Sunday y'all and a very happy birthday to Ian!
    March 10, 2019, 08:03:07 PM
  • Puffin: *waves*
    March 06, 2019, 10:19:23 PM
  • Miriam Gracey: Heyooo!!
    March 04, 2019, 01:49:29 AM
  • Nanaba: heyooooo
    March 04, 2019, 01:26:57 AM
  • Quiet: Happy Saturday y'all!
    March 03, 2019, 12:52:43 AM
  • Quiet: Yay! I'll post a plotter in a second. :-)
    February 28, 2019, 10:49:21 PM
  • Puffin: Hugh is marvellous. <3
    February 28, 2019, 09:42:18 PM
  • Puffin: Ahh, I felt bad for him when writing it - and I'm already looking forward to the moment he realises Anka is still alive!
    February 25, 2019, 05:27:23 PM
  • Quiet: Ian's response!  :'( :'( I know Anka is alive but I still feel bad!
    February 25, 2019, 04:26:06 AM
  • Puffin: Tabby is so cute, gosh! <3
    February 24, 2019, 01:48:05 PM
  • Miriam Gracey: And poor Gunther. Poor poor Gunther. That's all I have to say lol!
    February 24, 2019, 01:04:52 AM
  • Miriam Gracey: Hi new members!
    February 24, 2019, 01:03:50 AM
  • Webs: and welcome to all our new members!
    February 23, 2019, 09:34:53 PM
  • Webs: happy birthday to Mitabi - very late haha
    February 23, 2019, 09:34:49 PM
  • Puffin: Aww, well remembered Quiet! :D Yes, happy (now belated) birthday! <3
    February 21, 2019, 09:34:08 AM
  • Quiet: Happy Birthday Mitabi!
    February 20, 2019, 10:02:19 PM
  • Quiet: No worries. Anka is not going anywhere lol! Take your time. Though I am looking forward to reading the sads!
    February 15, 2019, 02:53:24 PM
  • Kieran Ashmiller: I will get a Mitabi reply for utopia up after Puffin gets Ian's post
    February 15, 2019, 05:24:54 AM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Wandering nostalgia. [Hilda]  (Read 8274 times)

Re: Wandering nostalgia. [Hilda]
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 04:29:30 AM »
“Do plums grow in Utopia?” Hilda asked. They weren’t particularly abundant in Krolva, but there were enough for her to have eaten some, though not very often- a rare, special treat.

She sat up straighter at Mara’s suggestion. “That’s a good idea! What do you think we should make? Hm...” she paused. “Maybe we should see what ingredients we’d have before deciding on that...”

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2018, 07:30:06 PM »
"We didn't really... grow much," Mara said carefully. "But my father, being a merchant, he came across all sorts we wouldn't usually eat much. My family mostly grew food that could grow quickly and feed our family, and others too, if they were short. But..." She didn't want to say that they were better off than most, but Utopia District hadn't had the issues with the slew of refugees. That had given them some benefit. Then, she had never been caught in the tide of politics.

"We should," she agreed. "There'll be ingredients to make bread. We'll have potatoes. There must be a few little scraps we can collect to help though. There's butter, isn't there? Not very much, but some... I think."

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2018, 12:38:57 AM »
“We don’t grow plums either, but sometimes they had them at the market in town.” Hilda stretched out. She could still picture the market, and the plums sold there- both red and black. She preferred the black plums- the red ones were a little too tart for her taste, though right now she’d take even a red one.

“So, are you thinking bread and potatoes separately, or potato bread?”
she asked. It sounded like separately, but she wanted to make sure. “Or maybe we could make potato dumplings...” If they had the ingredients for bread, and they had potatoes, then they could probably make potato dumplings. « Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 12:41:15 AM by Hilda Meissner »

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2018, 01:14:32 PM »
Mara nodded. "I loved the market. Any market is wonderful, you see so many wonderful things. That people have grown, made, thought of themselves." She blushed, averting her eyes down. "I always spend a little too much at markets. I just want so many trinkets and to make sure nobody goes away with nothing."

Her family was hardly rich, but she felt they were in a better position than most.

"Either!" she declared, eyes glittering. "There's so much we could do. More than just giving things out so... simply. We could stuff potatoes with other vegetables or herbs. Potato dumplings sound so nice." Smiling, she looked back at Hilda. "I think we should do potato dumplings. As soon as we have cooking duty, we should do it!"

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2018, 06:07:23 AM »
Hilda sat back in her seat. “So you’ve been to a lot of markets in Utopia?” she asked. She hadn't been to very many outside of the local market back home. She could almost smell the delicious scents that wafted from the stalls, and she never left without buying something to eat, whether it was candied fruit or a warm pretzel.

“Potato dumplings it is, then.” she smiled. “It feels like ages since I’ve had that.” It hadn’t been that long, really, but time here seemed to pass more slowly than it did back home.

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2018, 10:39:01 PM »
She nodded. "The market is my favourite place to go. In Utopia, I knew most of the merchants, or they knew me, because of my father." Mara could remember some of them, the nicest, shining smiles to her and inviting her over. Getting some of the produce for free, just a little bit, as thanks for her parents helping them with something. She missed it so much.

"We can do this," she smiled at her. "I hope we get kitchen duty soon. It'll be nice." A treat for everybody, something different.

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2019, 03:01:49 AM »
“I wonder what the markets here in Trost are like.” Hilda said, wondering what kind of things unique to Trost she would find that she couldn’t get back home, as well as what things unique to Krolva couldn’t be found here. “Does your father sell things at a market, then, or does he own a store?”

“Maybe we can volunteer for kitchen duty?” she suggested. “That way we’ll be guaranteed to get it at the same time, and we’d probably get it sooner.” She normally wouldn’t volunteer to do chores, but she knew she was going to have to do it eventually anyway, and this way she wouldn’t have to worry about getting kitchen duty with someone she didn’t like. « Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 03:02:48 AM by Hilda Meissner »

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2019, 12:14:38 AM »
"Perhaps we'll have the chance to visit it?" she said hopefully. She would very much like that. Simply visiting the market was something to lift her spirits. And she would get to meet all sorts of new people as well. "He's more of a traveller - he'd set up a stall here and there, but he often stops by villages or businesses."

Tilting her head, Mara thought about it. "We could try, yeah! They might like that. It's, um... initiative, right?" She smiled. "I think we should definitely give it a try."

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2019, 02:03:46 PM »
“Maybe, if they’ll let us go into town one of these weekends...” Hilda murmured. That would be nice. She wanted to see more of Trost- she hadn’t seen much of it on the trip here. “It’d be nice just to have a change of scenery. Anyway, does your father travel to the other walls?” The idea of traveling seemed exciting to Hilda. She knew there were a lot of restrictions on getting to Wall Sina, but she was certain that merchants would be allowed to sell their wares there, though they probably had to be approved.

“Okay, let’s do it.”
she nodded. “How soon do you want to volunteer?”

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2019, 12:30:15 PM »
"Maybe," she agreed, quite optimistic that they would. It would be important experience or something like that. Maybe she could approach one of the instructors about that. Definitely not Shadis though. "I'm not sure. I've never been to Wall Sina with him, and I know he never went to Wall Maria." She frowned. "I think maybe he sticks to Wall Rose but he has been to all four districts!"

"As soon as possible!" she declared, and smiled at her friend. "If that's okay with you."

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.