* Who's Online

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Webs: I love it!!
    Today at 12:58:13 AM
  • Webs: omg
    Today at 12:58:08 AM
  • Quiet: Gunther and Tabby are Mando and Baby Yoda lol.
    December 07, 2019, 10:00:35 PM
  • Quiet: Happy Birthday Rico!!
    December 07, 2019, 09:36:19 PM
  • Webs: kind of reeling XD
    December 07, 2019, 02:38:54 AM
  • Webs: i feel you!
    December 07, 2019, 02:38:49 AM
  • Quiet: I'm still not okay lol
    December 07, 2019, 01:10:06 AM
  • Puffin: Right?! It was a wild ride!
    December 06, 2019, 11:16:31 AM
  • Webs: yessss
    December 05, 2019, 09:05:01 PM
  • Quiet: This new chapter y'alllllllllll!!!!!!
    December 05, 2019, 05:31:10 PM
  • Javier Renée: Very nice! Reminds me of Rue, from the Hunger Games haha
    December 04, 2019, 02:36:12 AM
  • Mercedes Carello: I love the name Ruth for some reason!
    December 02, 2019, 04:38:42 PM
  • Puffin: Ruuuuuth! <3 <3
    December 02, 2019, 12:05:12 PM
  • Webs: thanks! inspired by Jonah ^^
    December 02, 2019, 01:34:04 AM
  • Quiet: Cool idea about the families Webs!
    December 02, 2019, 01:18:44 AM
  • Webs: yessss
    December 02, 2019, 12:40:52 AM
  • Quiet: Ruth meet Eld. Eld...this is Ruth.  <3 <3 <3
    December 02, 2019, 12:32:34 AM
  • Quiet: Cheers mate!
    December 02, 2019, 12:03:37 AM
  • Puffin: Nothing in particular, I leave her in your capable hands! I look forward to seeing what you do with her, and to all the plotting of course. :D <3
    December 02, 2019, 12:00:31 AM
  • Quiet: I'll take her. I already have a semi-okay backstory that would work. Please let me know if there is anything you need/want in her bio.
    December 01, 2019, 11:50:42 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Fall (tumble, plummet, trip) in love?  (Read 494 times)

Fall (tumble, plummet, trip) in love?
« on: July 31, 2018, 12:00:47 AM »
So what would make your characters fall in love with someone? What made them fall in love with their current S/Os? What are the traits they look for in a partner? Do they want kids? What would (if anything) make them wary of a relationship?

----

Dot Pixis- Dot fell in love with his first wife because his antics (yes he was a bit odd even at 19) amused her and she was funny herself. They shared a desire to travel the Walls and she was supportive of his military ambitions. She was also lovely - with lots of curly auburn hair. It was young love that never got to grow old.

Dot fell in love with his second wife (she has curly hair but it was blonde and is now white) because they had faced many of the same hardships (loss of a spouse, trying to raise a child alone). In truth, neither were really in love with each other when they married. They had been friends and they needed each other. Love grew over many years and while it is different than what Dot shared with his first wife, it is not less. It's an adult love born out of sorrow and need. Then contentment with a fair amount of true happiness mixed it. Dot sometimes wonders what life would be like if his first wife had not died in childbirth (along with the child) but he is grateful for what he found and how he was able to rebuild his life.  Dot married at 19, lost his first wife around age 23, had a few really rough years that he does not like to talk about, and married his second wife around age 27. He has a child from his first marriage, a stepchild that he forgets is not his, and he and his second wife share a child. He'd take in an orphan but that is not really allowed at he and his wife's age. 

Arkin Holt - Arkin is someone who feels a lot of love - but very little of it is romantic.  He's only had romantic feelings towards three people in his entire life. Ian, Anka, and Gustav. These were all people who helped/protected him in some way and people he feels have a core of kindness in them - though they have very different personalities.** As he has gotten older, he has gotten further and further from romantic feelings - instead, his love has focused itself on his friends and fellow soldiers and serving them. It's beyond doubtful Arkin would fall in love - but if he did - the person would have to be very kind and very understanding. Arkin has never been in an actual relationship. Ever. What I'm trying to say is Arkin's V Card is eternal  Arkin would take in an orphan if need be and would probably be a good (if maybe too lenient) parent.

** I know we have not discussed the how and why of Arkin's romantic feelings towards Gustav. It could have just been the awesome hair. ;-)

Anka Rheinberger - Anka has had crushes and a few very casual relationships in her life. The relationships lasted a few months and only one was intimate. She has spent most of her life working her way up the ranks and would need a partner who understood her devotion to the Garrison. It is what allowed her to claw her way up from poverty and make a sort of life for herself.

Anka would want a partner who was understanding of the stress and rigors of her job. She would also want someone who would not look down on her family or upbringing. She’s not embarrassed, but she knows her parents are sensitive about some things, even though they are in a much better situation now.

She would need someone who could maybe help her let go a little. Anka would need to really trust the man for that to happen. There is a lot bundled up in Anka and she is not about to let just anyone see it.

Anka would like to have a family someday but she has some fears. She has known two women who have died in or soon after giving birth and she would hate for that to happen. Anka would not want to leave her partner to raise a child alone, but she would also want to make sure she had a partner who could do so if need be. She’d be happy to take in an orphan and would be a strict but kind mother.  « Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 12:23:52 AM by Quiet »

Anka Rheinberger | Dot Pixis | Arkin Holt | Miriam Gracey | Mina Carolina | Hugh Fraser | Rico Brzenska

Re: Fall (tumble, plummet, trip) in love?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 03:45:15 AM »
(Continuing my habit of dredging up old threads!)

Mercedes Carello

When she gets older, unfortunately some of her charm and the way she behaves could be considered flirtatious; she also has natural bedroom eyes. Unfortunate, because she has no idea that she has this effect and is generally an idiot with the concept of romantic relationships. Mercedes has absolutely no experience or point of reference when it comes to love: her closest examples of it (her parents and grandparents) had died early on in her childhood and her grandmother was never the type to talk about such things (despite being deeply in love herself), thinking them unimportant. As a result, although an attachment would likely grow gradually, recognition of her feelings would likely blindside her. She's not the type to make the first move, and tends to reject outright flirts or advances in an inward flush of panic.

Key to any attachment other than deep platonic loyalty would be not only getting behind the walls she puts up, but recognizing them to begin with. Anyone willing to put up with a bit of resistance and make the effort is ahead of the curve -- they might need to use some harsh words to break her, but follow up with convincing arguments and reciprocal signs of loyalty. She needs to feel safe being vulnerable and inexperienced, and this is likelier with someone she knows and trusts already.

Once you've got her attention, though, she's going to be devoted, sometimes even to a fault if the affection isn't reciprocated or not as deeply. She's not one for casual flings. She'd make for a great half of a battle-couple! Mercedes is a very physical person so someone who could keep up with her physically and mentally is bound to put you on her radar -- that said, she may find herself surprised by the physical appearance of the one who finds her heart. Personality-wise, she looks for loyalty, diligence, relative intelligence, realism, patience, good-heartedness, and a love of family. She hasn't really thought about it yet, but she probably wants children one day if a miracle occurs and it's actually practically feasible.

“I’m surrounded by the past and it is demanding something from me.”

~ Anna Akhmatova

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.