* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Jem: I promise I am not dead, just struggling
    May 03, 2021, 09:43:28 AM
  • Sora: *replies
    April 23, 2021, 07:16:54 PM
  • Sora: Finqlly! Reies coming tomorrow! Thank you for everyones patience! ^^
    April 23, 2021, 07:16:41 PM
  • HiddenBaroness: How's it going, folks?
    March 29, 2021, 07:14:51 PM
  • hangesglasses: hi hi one day late
    March 20, 2021, 02:59:21 AM
  • Lou: Hey hey
    March 18, 2021, 03:30:38 AM
  • Hono Kaen: beep
    March 11, 2021, 09:41:15 AM
  • Puffin: I love Lady Lara. <3
    February 13, 2021, 12:48:28 AM
  • Puffin: Hi Rhea! How are you?
    January 09, 2021, 11:39:03 AM
  • Rhea: Hi
    January 09, 2021, 12:55:29 AM
  • Hitch Dreyse: Hey hope everyone is doing okay
    December 09, 2020, 10:08:46 AM
  • HiddenBaroness: Hey Raze! Good to hear from you again! Don't worry, I think a few of us had RL things take over for a hot minute.
    November 30, 2020, 03:10:32 PM
  • Razahir Kōri: Howdy everyone! ^^ Soem of you may still remember me! :D I just want to write that I'm terribly sorry for disappearing for such a long time! IRL took it's tll on me in the past few months! Both my work and my MSc studies kinda things for me/ With that I would like to apologize to everyone I made wait! Starting next week I'm planning on catching up with all my replies! After that I'll be really slow till February, but I'll try to write at least every two weeks in case I receive replies! ^^ Again sorry everyone and I hope all of you are doing well! ^^ Sora
    November 22, 2020, 07:58:14 PM
  • Petra Ral: I am good thanks, you?
    November 22, 2020, 03:43:51 PM
  • Petra Ral: Hey Puffin! Sorry I did not see this xD
    November 22, 2020, 03:43:46 PM
  • Puffin: Mercy! <3  How are you?
    November 20, 2020, 09:23:37 PM
  • Petra Ral: Evening all
    November 19, 2020, 05:08:50 PM
  • Petra Ral: Hi!
    November 10, 2020, 02:50:53 PM
  • Puffin: How is it Sunday already?! I hope everyone is having a good weekend!
    November 08, 2020, 04:26:45 PM
  • Webs: Hi, Ramgami!! And hello to all guests :)
    November 04, 2020, 05:50:40 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG InitiativeRPGfixTop RP Sites

Author Topic: Lost (Reiner)  (Read 705 times)

Re: Lost (Reiner)
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2021, 12:58:55 PM »
Might as well eat this... Food warm for a change right?

Reiner smirked a bit, shaking his head. "If you can call it food." he murmured. The rations were...mediocre at best. But it was better than nothing if one was hungry. It wasn't like they had any other options at the moment. So the best he could hope for is a somewhat better taste if it was warm. At least for Sylvia, he wasn't particularly hungry.

He glanced down at the pot that Sylvia had dumped her rations into. They didn't exactly have anything to properly rest it over the fire with. He'd have to hold it then until the food had warmed up. Looking towards the flames, he hesitated for a moment. He could easily avoid burning his hand, but the pot, and the handle, would most likely warm up regardless from the fire.

Standing up, he moved over to the corner of the room where he set his cloak and jacket down. He grabbed his cloak, making his way back to the fire as he kneeled down again next to it. He wrapped the handle up in part of his cloak, grabbing it and holding the pot over the fire. At least the damp cloth should ward off the warmth from the handle for a while. So long as he didn't accidentally let the cloak catch fire, they'd be fine.

It is almost like we are the only two people in the world.

Reiner's golden eyes remained locked on the fire, his cheeks heating up from her comment. "I don't think I would be disappointed if that were the truth. You're...good company." he mumbled, his voice having grown more gentle.

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2021, 09:28:27 AM »
"Personally..." Sylvia began quietly. "I would not call any of this food. Until you've tasted my chef's lamb with plums or pheasant in a white wine sauce you have not truly experienced food." The dishes the man concocted were simply incredible and if anything thanks to the price issues due to the reduction of the amount of food available, he had done very well for himself... His pay was impressive, but given his skill and talent, Sylvia like her parents before her was happy to pay the price he demanded for his services.

Sylvia reddened and glanced away, finding something interesting in her boots. "I... Thank you." She eventually said. "I try to be." Though she often felt as though she was not a part of anyone's friendship group, outside of Reiner's and Annie's, with Bert there too mostly because he happened to be interested in Annie.
Sylvia could understand the reason for the attraction to Annie, she was short, confident and beautiful. What more could anyone want for a partner? What she did not know was if Annie knew of the interest or acted upon it.

"Maybe Bert and Annie are alone together in a cabin too." Sylvia said softly as if it were the most salacious and scandalous rumour known to her. She had no idea that her best friend and Bert were girlfriend and boyfriend respectively.

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2021, 11:38:01 AM »
Until you've tasted my chef's lamb with plums or pheasant in a white wine sauce you have not truly experienced food.

Reiner blinked, looking towards Sylvia. He would admit, that all sounded amazing. And most likely something he would never get to try. But, at least Sylvia had access to everything she needed. That was good enough for him. "Heh, is that an offer?" he asked, a faint smirk on his lips. He was joking of course. He had no intention of taking advantage of her noble status.

I... Thank you.

Reiner noticed her cheeks reddening. His smile softened a bit as he watched her. "You're welcome, Sylvia. You don't have to be embarassed or anything. You're a good friend, Sylvia. I enjoy being around you." he said.

Since his time of being on the island, he had made several friends. And he was glad to count Sylvia amongst them. Whether she thought the same of him, he couldn't say. He hoped, at least.

Maybe Bert and Annie are alone together in a cabin too.

A soft chuckle left him as he glanced back towards the fire. Perhaps they were. And if they happened to be alone, chances are their time in a cabin would be much more exciting than what Sylvia and himself were experiencing.

"Perhaps. They're probably making out or something if that's the case." he said. After all, they weren't shy with their affections for one another when they were alone. Being around the other cadets, however, was a different story. Bertholdt still slipped a few gestures Annie's way to express his fondness towards her, but it was subtle when other people were by them.

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2021, 11:57:24 AM »
 True to form Sylvia blushed at the suggested he hinted at. Hastily she responded. "Yes, but we would have to invite a few more people around. A lady cannot dine alone with a gentleman. Think of the rumours." She shook her head at the idea, people would surely gossip about this too. But she comforted herself with the idea that they might say the same for any girl and guy trapped alone in the house.

She nodded and explained quietly, meeting his gaze. "Where I come from comments are not as open." A kind word of thanks or the polite mention that they look lovely, but never the openness that commoners appeared to enjoy.

Sylvia's eyes widened at the suggestion. "Oh..." She replied simply. For her such a thing would be a massive public scandal, yet as common people they were able to do something like that. Never the less she still viewed it as something salacious and sordid.

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2021, 01:05:01 AM »
Reiner chuckled a bit at the thought of inviting more people. "In that case, we should bring along everyone from the 104th for dinner." he murmured, casting a smirk to Sylvia. If that happened, they would no doubt have her house destroyed within an hour. And he wouldn't put it past some of their comrades to steal something. Maybe that wasn't the best idea.

Where I come from comments are not as open.

Ah, right. She was raised in a certain way. And perhaps compliments and people actually being happy to be around her weren't common.  Well, that changed in the cadet corps. She was one of them now. "Heh, well, you should get used to me saying stuff like this. I mean...unless it bothers you of course." he said.

He didn't ever want to make her uncomfortable. So if he ever said anything that did so, he hoped she would let him know. He glanced back at the fire, soon pulling the pot away from the flames and setting it on the floor.

"There. The food should be warmed up enough for you. I can't promise it'll taste any better though." he said. They were rations after all. They weren't known for tasting great.

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2021, 04:33:44 PM »
 As much as Sylvia tried to fit in with the other cadets, there was too much class divide between them for her to be ever truly able to cross. Even if she had not behaved so disastrously the first day as a cadet, her accent, posture and general behaviour surely would have labelled her as other.

She had a choice to fight though, she could have stayed home and taken advantage of wealth, of nobility, of the family's connections and influence to simply stay behind. But she hadn't. Unfortunately, it did not count for everything since she had not suffered, meat was a regular part of the diet, she never lacked for anything... Save for friends, real friends. Money and power could never buy those. She found them in the military, Reiner, Annie her best friend, Bert who sort of came with Reiner.

"I think feeding Sasha alone would bankrupt me." She chuckled, imagining Sasha's reaction to the good food in particular the meat. "It doesn't bother me." She admitted quietly. "It is just uncommon... It is hard to explain."

She glanced at him, to the food and then to his hand. "Are you certain that did not hurt?" Surely he must have harmed himself with the heat. "Thank you." She then added. "You have to eat too. We'll need the energy to continue after this rain stops or tomorrow morning." She agreed that their rations would not taste particularly good, but the alternative was a growling stomach. Anything beat that.

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2021, 05:12:02 PM »
I think feeding Sasha alone would bankrupt me.

Reiner chuckled and gave a small nod. "You have a point there." It was rather incredible how much Sasha could eat in one day. He couldn't think of anyone else within their class that was more obsessed with food than she was. So perhaps leaving her out of any future dinner plans would be wise. Especially if Sylvia was planning on bringing out any meat.

It is just uncommon... It is hard to explain.

Reiner turned his gaze to the smaller woman. What was uncommon for her? Compliments? He understood that. Around the 104th, he was used to receiving praise and compliments. Back home however, that was another story. He was an Eldian. Same as his friends. Praise was rare back home unless it came from family and friends.

"You'll adjust to it." he said, offering a faint smile towards her. After all, it had been a year already since she joined training. Surely she was having an easier time fitting in with the other cadets now. She wasn't a noble amongst them. She was just another trainee for the military.

Are you certain that did not hurt?

Reiner cast a glance down to his hand and then back up at her. "No, I'm fine." he said. After all, it was just a little heat. It wasn't all that bad, he's had much worse in the past. He was just glad she hadn't severely harmed herself.

You have to eat too.

Reiner merely shrugged, taking a seat on the floor by the fire. "I'm alright Sylvia. Worry about yourself." After all, she needed the energy and rest far more than he did. He was used to sleepless nights and trudging through the rain. She wasn't. The last thing he wanted was for Sylvia to be falling asleep on her feet when they had to start moving again. If she could get a few hours of rest here, he'd feel better about it.

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.